Board logo

標題: any wine expert, please help [打印本頁]

作者: dmnf    時間: 2010-1-6 21:41     標題: any wine expert, please help

I am not a wine drinker so my questions may be silly.

I got two bottle of wine long time ago.  The red wine was received in 2001 and the white wine was received in 2005.  They have been kept in my basement since then.  Never been opened.

有冇expire date?
重可唔可以飲?
作者: 快樂牛郎    時間: 2010-1-6 21:49

可以再擺下
作者: 大C姐    時間: 2010-1-6 22:12

I am not a wine drinker so my questions may be silly.

I got two bottle of wine long time ago.  The red wine was received in 2001 and the white wine was received in 2005.  They have been kept in my ba ...
dmnf 發表於 2010-1-6 22:41


咩酒嚟先??

其實白酒係唔擺得﹐絕大部份3-5年一定要飲。紅酒今時今日好多都係即買即飲﹐如果唔係old world一D傳統酒莊好complex﹐好多tannin嘅紅酒﹐都唔適宜放太耐因為果味會變淡。

老實講﹐你唔飲的話就當從禮從左俾人好過啦﹗


-- 酒評人C

作者: Lik    時間: 2010-1-6 22:21

不過擺還擺,要知道存放紅酒其實亦都係有期限嘅,而且儲藏地方亦有 requirement(最少溫度唔可以太 extreme)。放得太耐嘅話最後支酒只能夠用來當醋去煮餸。

01年果支,我會建議你搵個機會飲咗佢。但如果支酒係用水松木塞(而唔係用膠塞或者旋轉蓋嘅話),開果陣就要小心啲。因為如果你支酒一直都係打直擺嘅話,個水松木塞好有可能會乾咗同脆咗,你一撬佢佢就碎開晒,搞到成支酒都係。

-力
作者: sheep    時間: 2010-1-6 22:24

睇泥
開多個品酒欄都係時候
作者: kelmiku    時間: 2010-1-7 02:22

AGREE!!!!!
作者: sko    時間: 2010-1-7 02:59

不過擺還擺,要知道存放紅酒其實亦都係有期限嘅,而且儲藏地方亦有 requirement(最少溫度唔可以太 extreme)。放得太耐嘅話最後支酒只能夠用來當醋去煮餸。

01年果支,我會建議你搵個機會飲咗佢。但如果支酒係用水 ...
Lik 發表於 2010-1-6 23:21


he said they were kept in the basement, so hopefully they were not situated in an overheated location with direct uv/lights.

white and bubbles should be kept in the fridge (not too cold though) or somewhere cool.

were the bottles stored on their sides or in upright positions? storing them on their bellies would hopefully prevent the corks from turning brittle and dry because the wine would kept in good contact with the corks to keep them moist. (of course, only for bottles with the 'real' corks)  

yet, some people say that it wouldn't really matter: upright or sideway, for there might be sufficient humidity in the bottle anyway. but, it doesn't hurt to store them on the side regardless.
作者: somewhereintime    時間: 2010-1-7 13:53

I keep my wine in the basement, some of them were from early 80's,
Louis Latour, when they were popular and inexpensive( $20 in 1982)
They are still good but do not improve, I would say they are ind dormant
state; however, they are good quality.
作者: sheep    時間: 2010-1-7 15:57

可以再擺下
快樂牛郎 發表於 2010-1-6 22:49

你話飲完之後
擺下擺下
作者: 布小熊    時間: 2010-1-7 17:39

it depends on what wine. May be you can dig it out and let us know the year and winery of them. If the red is new world red.... chance of it staying good or even maturing in that 9 year is not so high. But if they are wine mean to be aged and if your basement is cold, humid, dark and not shaky, then you may have 2 bottles of wine to share ^_^.
作者: BiscottiGelato    時間: 2010-1-7 18:30

Tell us what wine they are. We might be able to help u.... Drink Them Up LOL!@
作者: tofu    時間: 2010-1-7 19:46

also depend on how you position your wine bottle, the wine should able to touch the 塞 in order to eliminate the air flow in the bottle.
作者: 大C姐    時間: 2010-1-7 20:21

其實我好抗拒香港人一般覺得所有紅酒都可以age﹐越舊越好呢個壞思想。

先唔好講你儲存方法﹐呢個都係後話。但係好多人渣住支澳洲syrah又去age﹐渣住支加州嘅sauvignon blanc又去age...  聽人講邊個年份好又走去買﹐但係又唔知係其實每個地區每年都唔同氣候。

基本上﹐平日連出去食飯都唔會叫酒嘅人﹐就咪鬼age啦。因為你真係唔會覺得有分別﹐分分鐘支酒壞左你都未必飲得出。所以我真係覺得如果你收到支酒當禮物的話﹐請客又好﹐送俾人都好﹐唔好放喺basement三五七年當寶。

如果有心去學的話﹐其實好多細細哋嘅wine cellar每個禮拜定期會開幾支酒任人試﹐試岩自己口味先去買。知道基本知識先去買一D值得收藏嘅酒啦。平日liquor store買果D$20留下就唔好蹲喺basement等到發霉啦﹗


-- Ms. Sommelier C

作者: 快樂牛郎    時間: 2010-1-7 20:35

基本上﹐平日連出去食飯都唔會叫酒嘅人﹐就咪鬼age啦。因為你真係唔會覺得有分別﹐分分鐘支酒壞左你都未必飲得出。


既然都飲唔出
age耐D都冇問題
作者: 大C姐    時間: 2010-1-7 20:42

既然都飲唔出
age耐D都冇問題
快樂牛郎 發表於 2010-1-7 21:35



如果D酒萬一真係壞左之後又囉嚟飲就唔好啦。

作者: sheep    時間: 2010-1-7 20:50

講開酒
大家鐘意去私家定係政府酒房買酒呢?
作者: dmnf    時間: 2010-1-7 22:39

多謝回覆, 我唔係特登 age 佢地, 只係自己&朋友都唔飲, 忘記左佢地,
佢地living in basement, side way, no sunlight.  我都識小小咯
Tonight, I wanted to open the red wine.  But the problem is when I look at the bottle, I don't think I can put it back after taking it out.  Did some internet search and I don't think I will buy a storage bottle.  Any suggestions for a cheap bottle stopper?  Or you think I can put the original stopper back?

I like the smell of wine, but just a few table spoons of wine will turn my face all red.  People around will be scared.  That's why I seldom drink.  

The red wine's name, I don't know.  It says Settesoli Porta Palo and a bunch of Italian words.  Product of Italy.  Don't laugh at me if it is a cheap one.  I do not purposely age it.  

Sorry to cut in the "私家定係政府酒房" question.
作者: 大C姐    時間: 2010-1-7 22:52

多謝回覆, 我唔係特登 age 佢地, 只係自己&朋友都唔飲, 忘記左佢地,
佢地living in basement, side way, no sunlight.  我都識小小咯
Tonight, I wanted to open the red wine.  But the problem is when I look at  ...
dmnf 發表於 2010-1-7 23:39



無人會笑你﹐唔飲酒唔係罪。

不過其實你開左之後真係唔放得耐﹐咩stopper都只可以俾你保存一個好短時間。假如你真係只係飲兩啖﹐不如用嚟煮嘢食啦。

-- 大C姐

作者: 布小熊    時間: 2010-1-7 22:59

wonder if your bottle is a old vintage of this?
http://www.vivino.com/settesoli/porta-palo-rosso-2006.html
Italian red from Sicily.
Once it's open, you should finish it soon la.
Well face turning red doesn't mean drunk. ^_^ That's why it's always better to drink at home with good friends. (no one cares how you look )
作者: 布小熊    時間: 2010-1-7 23:00

講開酒
大家鐘意去私家定係政府酒房買酒呢?
sheep 發表於 2010-1-7 09:50 PM

I go to both. Usually Liberty or Cambie liquor store.
作者: dmnf    時間: 2010-1-7 23:14

煮嘢食都用唔到咁快, 揾多D豬朋狗友返來吹左佢
飲唔晒用保鮮紙cover bottle and put it in the fridge.
Cheap D but 好過放到變酷
作者: sko    時間: 2010-1-7 23:21

drink it drink it drink it; don't open a bottle unless you can finish the whole bottle within the night... (unless you like to drink vinegar) or like others said, cook it. how about julia child's boeuf bourguignon?

worse comes to worse.. if you really did open it and cannot finish it.. store it in the fridge and it might last a bit longer (perhaps a day or two more...). before serving, let it warm to room temp again of course (except for maybe... beaujolais.. then a bit cooler will do, too)
作者: 大C姐    時間: 2010-1-7 23:25

煮嘢食都用唔到咁快, 揾多D豬朋狗友返來吹左佢
飲唔晒用保鮮紙cover bottle and put it in the fridge.
Cheap D but 好過放到變酷
dmnf 發表於 2010-1-8 00:14



搞錯呀﹐炆次牛尾都用大半支啦。

要用左去用乜易。

再唔係用嚟整sangria你會唔會鍾意飲D呀??

-- 美女廚神

作者: somewhereintime    時間: 2010-1-8 08:10

Make mulled wine and serve it warm before bedtime,
Lofans believe that it brings sweet dream.
For Italian and French cooking, they would use wine
instead of water.
1 recicpes of Beurre Rouge, calls for 1 bottle of red wine, reduced to glaze(3-4 TBSP)
then whirl in 500 gm of butter, (Montez au beurre)
Eel stew, a bottle of red wine
Red wine Risotto.... the list goes on
The question is how much you value the wine.
I used to order 6 bottles of wine for cooking every night when I worked
in a French kitchen, plus a bottle of Pernod ,  Grappa for Italian kitchen,
and Ouso for Mediterranean, yeah, some for the pans and some for
the cooks
作者: sheep    時間: 2010-1-8 13:25

20# 布小熊


選擇同價錢
邊個好啲?
西區嘅酒房 選擇多啲,多啲高檔野?
作者: tsumorichisato    時間: 2010-1-8 13:49

22# sko


Yeah yeah, I have made julia child's boeuf bourguignon couple weeks ago! Very Yummy!
And you can use the bottle of white wine to make mussels too!
作者: somewhereintime    時間: 2010-1-8 14:46

22# sko


Yeah yeah, I have made julia child's boeuf bourguignon couple weeks ago! Very Yummy!
And you can use the bottle of white wine to make mussels too!
tsumorichisato 發表於 2010-1-8 13:49


Another couple of bottles down, how about  some Osso Buco and Coq Au Vin,
you have to stock up for more wine
作者: samsung    時間: 2010-1-8 15:20

You guys are awesome!!! Except tiffany & mr OX as one always nonsense & the other one said his answers might be incorrect, the rest are just great! Thx.
作者: somewhereintime    時間: 2010-1-8 15:26

25# sheep

The problem with private wine store is that most people do not know how to compare the
price since the specialty items are not available at LDB.
Generally you can buy liquor at corner stores in US and even getting some bargain.
作者: 快樂牛郎    時間: 2010-1-8 15:52

25# sheep

The problem with private wine store is that most people do not know how to compare the
price since the specialty items are not available at LDB.
Generally you can buy liquor at corner st ...
somewhereintime 發表於 2010/1/8 15:26


Divide the prices you see at BC liquor store by 2 and you know how much these wines cost in the US.
作者: sheep    時間: 2010-1-8 15:58

30# 快樂牛郎


since there is no single same item that is sold in different stored, it is hard to say which has a better price.
I only buy those are on sale that is with 20% or more discount.
Quality wine I know is directionaly poportion to the price.
作者: tofu    時間: 2010-1-8 16:18

the private stores in east van are mark up at least 10-15% more, but they usually give you discount if you buy a case(usually 12 bottles) or more.
you can check with bc liquor website and see do they have what you want and what is their price is.  

http://www.bcliquorstores.com/pr ... A_100%26order%3DASC
作者: 快樂牛郎    時間: 2010-1-8 16:24

30# 快樂牛郎


since there is no single same item that is sold in different stored, it is hard to say which has a better price.
I only buy those are on sale that is with 20% or more discount.
Qualit ...
sheep 發表於 2010/1/8 15:58


????
Are we talking about the same thing?
作者: samsung    時間: 2010-1-8 16:39

no matter what he said, his comments can be ignored, as he might be given wrong info., it's up to you guys to belive it or not
作者: 布小熊    時間: 2010-1-8 16:44

Divide the prices you see at BC liquor store by 2 and you know how much these wines cost in the US.
快樂牛郎 發表於 2010-1-8 04:52 PM

sometimes, it's more than twice the price... @ @
even US Costco has some nice wine.
作者: sheep    時間: 2010-1-8 18:10

33# 快樂牛郎


no
作者: somewhereintime    時間: 2010-1-8 20:25

本帖最後由 somewhereintime 於 2010-1-8 20:29 編輯

Once I bought 4 bottles of Marnier VSOP  for US$28 each in LA,
the Canadian custom officer ask me how much worth merchandise
I brought home, I replied under $300 for over 7 days, she let me
go without further question, and my lugguage was already in the lobby.




歡迎光臨 溫哥華老友記討論區 (http://loyaukee.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2