Board logo

標題: Iwase japanese bookstore closing [打印本頁]

作者: juicec    時間: 2011-3-7 12:51     標題: Iwase japanese bookstore closing

The Japanese bookstore in Yaohan center is closing.
Now they have a big sale on magazine and stationary.
Sad to see it go out of business and thanks for providing good japanese mangas and magazine to Vancouver for so many years.
作者: ccyip    時間: 2011-3-7 13:16

Even though these days I don't buy from them too often it's still sad to see it goes.  RIP.

http://www.iwasebooks.com/
作者: yokult    時間: 2011-3-7 13:28

I used to buy stationary from them in 199x. Sad to see it close.
作者: hahavancouver    時間: 2011-3-7 13:33

本帖最後由 hahavancouver 於 2011-3-7 13:35 編輯

My weekend hang around hot spot will go soon.  Sad to see it close.  

J. Hobby will move soon.  All my weekend hot spot wills change soon.
作者: peter236    時間: 2011-3-7 15:31

本帖最後由 peter236 於 2011-3-7 15:34 編輯

There is little demand for Japanese books and magazines.
作者: fibbi    時間: 2011-3-7 16:02

Oh that's sad...
作者: peter236    時間: 2011-3-7 16:27

It should be cheered. A store that has little demand should be closed.
作者: juicec    時間: 2011-3-7 16:41

回復 4# hahavancouver

Where will J. Hobby be moved to?
作者: Eddie6    時間: 2011-3-7 16:42

My weekend hang around hot spot will go soon.  Sad to see it close.  

J. Hobby will move soon.  A ...
hahavancouver 發表於 2011-3-7 13:33



    Do you know where J Hobby is moving to ??  I used to hang around these 2 stores a lot too !!!  sad to see them go...
作者: fibbi    時間: 2011-3-7 16:47

little demand唔係no demand,對顧客來說少一個選擇就唔係一個好事。

Where is J Hobby? Is that the one in the old NCIX mall?
作者: FiChai    時間: 2011-3-7 18:18

It should be cheered. A store that has little demand should be closed.
peter236 發表於 2011-3-7 16:27

你唔俾人哋賺夠收山咩?
作者: 嘉嘉    時間: 2011-3-7 20:00

this is sad.....
I used to buy manga, some magazines from them before I started buying my japanese books online

I actually just bought some stationery from them in the beginning of the year
couldn't been found anywhere else...
作者: FiChai    時間: 2011-3-7 20:57

Went there today but unfortunately there is no discount on travel books. Might go there again later and see.
作者: alee    時間: 2011-3-8 21:49

Sad... I ordered magazines from Sophiabooks til early last year and then they closed. The Japanese school that I learned Japanese from also disappeared just recently. It seems hard for these kinds of businesses to stay afloat
作者: peter236    時間: 2011-3-8 23:36

It looks like very few Japanese people go there. Japanese culture is waning quickly.
作者: somewhereintime    時間: 2011-3-8 23:47

回復 14# alee


   I used to buy European professional books from them  before the
   Amazon
作者: 魚超    時間: 2011-3-9 16:36

回復 15# peter236

I think Japanese all hang out in downtown area now...  Iwase may last longer over there, with a small store...Can't imagine they really survived 17 yrs in Yohan!
作者: B仔    時間: 2011-3-9 16:49

Went there today but unfortunately there is no discount on travel books. Might go there again later  ...
FiChai 發表於 2011-3-7 20:57


我要嗰D全部都冇得減。。。好SAD~
只係有一本唔知點解有得減,打埋稅 $2.xx~!!!

will check back later...
作者: FiChai    時間: 2011-3-9 16:54

我要嗰D全部都冇得減。。。好SAD~
只係有一本唔知點解有得減,打埋稅 $2.xx~!!!

will check back later ...
B仔 發表於 2011-3-9 16:49

Good for you!
Yeah, none of the stuff we're interested have stock or have discount..... like travel books and wedding magazines..... too bad. Gotta check later but before they closed down.
作者: fy789    時間: 2011-3-9 17:27

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: fy789    時間: 2011-3-9 17:37

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: 嘉嘉    時間: 2011-3-9 19:13

I wanted to grab some photography books today

but no discount for those tim.......
作者: hahavancouver    時間: 2011-3-10 10:54

I bought 3 car magazines.  Total about $20.00  That's very good deal




歡迎光臨 溫哥華老友記討論區 (http://loyaukee.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2