Board logo

標題: [茶餐廳] 蒲 [打印本頁]

作者: chocolatebean    時間: 2008-7-11 11:25     標題: 蒲

anyone try the new restaurant on Nanaimo and 2nd avenue? I just heard their commercial on the radio...
作者: its_visa    時間: 2008-7-11 11:29

yUPPPPPP i've tried! quite good``
they have the lobster tail special right now...
eat $10 above and pay $1 to get a lobster tail dish =)
i duno if its still on tho..........
but last time i checked its on until 15th..(or while supplies last) haha...
作者: porsche811    時間: 2008-7-11 11:42

it looks pretty nice
作者: porsche811    時間: 2008-7-14 12:25

i just went this past weekend. the drinks r goooodD!!!!! the mango strawberry slush was SO FRESH!! i loved it! food....normal "cha chaan teng" food lor....nothing too special~they still have the lobster tail when i went but i didn't try it. ambiance is alrite. clean. i like how they have bushes surrounding their restaurant so u don't see nor hear the cars passing by.
作者: somewhereintime    時間: 2008-7-18 12:21

Anyone know their phone number???????
Haven't hear their ad on air and they do
not advertise in Chinese newspapers
作者: somewhereintime    時間: 2008-7-18 12:25     標題: 回復 4# 的帖子

Anyone got their phone number??
Haven't hear their ad on the radio and they do not
advertise in the Chinese newspaper
作者: chocolatebean    時間: 2008-7-20 20:40

finally went there today...still have the $1 lobster tail...
作者: miky    時間: 2008-7-23 00:53

I went to try it.

I give it 3.5/10.

They forgot to put sugar into my bubble milk tea...

Their HK style milk tea was quite bad...too much water..

My dish was VERY bad.. with not enough salt in it and not enough "Wok air" (One of the worst dishes I ever had in a restaurant)

My gf dish was "better", but with way too much pepper...


I may give it one more try....just to confirm!!

[ 本帖最後由 miky 於 2008-7-23 02:05 編輯 ]
作者: somewhereintime    時間: 2008-7-23 06:19

Yes, I was there on last Saturday night, we sat there from 7:30-11:00 pm.
only 2 table beside us.
The price is alright, the interior is quite bright, the glasswares are new
and quite good. But the food.... the Borscht was very strange, you cannot taste beef even there are some tiny pieces of beef in the soup, the problem was the temperature,
just luke warm. We order the Sterling ribeye steak, not that good quality, I can get better steak even at home. The coffee was weak. The Seafood in XO sauce was the worst of all, no clue why it is on the menu. $ 1.00 lobster tail is cheap, but they did not taste good. The servers were quite attentive but not trained properly. Would I return? maybe a few months later, if they still manage to survive and improve.
作者: Yui    時間: 2008-7-26 00:12

我係住係呢間蒲左近既,無入過去,單看門面大大個'蒲'字招牌本來幾有目弟頭, 外牆顏色配答亦算幾有格調,還以為是新派港式餐廳,都曾經有想過試下.

但一聽見有甚麼$1一條龍蝦尾後反而令我失去興趣, 因為感覺即時降格.加上路過時看見係餐廳窗口上竟貼上了隨手畫既bubble tea廣告,手法和手工的粗糙令我對這間餐廳的信心盡失. 無洒意欲去幫襯.
作者: rockypath    時間: 2008-7-26 02:21

There are so many "restaurant + bubble tea" places now. Even HK style cafe also have BBT on its menu. I still like HK style milk tea better. I don't really like the powder mix drink. However, it seems to be impossible to find a cup of authentic HK style milk tea in Vancouver now. Anyone can suggest a place?
作者: its_visa    時間: 2008-7-26 19:17

原帖由 rockypath 於 2008-7-26 03:21 發表
There are so many "restaurant + bubble tea" places now. Even HK style cafe also have BBT on its menu. I still like HK style milk tea better. I don't really like the powder mix drink. However, it seems ...


i think "Li Do" in richmond's milk tea can compare to HK's
作者: peter236    時間: 2008-7-26 19:41

原帖由 rockypath 於 2008-7-26 03:21 發表
There are so many "restaurant + bubble tea" places now. Even HK style cafe also have BBT on its menu. I still like HK style milk tea better. I don't really like the powder mix drink. However, it seems ...


Nearly all of the HK style cafe or restaurants here make HK style milk tea from freshly brewed tea. Even the HK style food stall at Aberdeen food court uses freshly brewed tea.




歡迎光臨 溫哥華老友記討論區 (http://loyaukee.com/forum/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2