




原帖由 Toppy 於 2009-2-7 19:07 發表
Speak English. Talk to White people about it.
See if they give a damn about you.![]()
![]()
原帖由 Toppy 於 2009-2-7 05:39 PM 發表
Not street patrolling is one thing, but why are they drinking coffee at Tim Horton's wearing uniforms?
BTW, they work 4 days and get 4 days off.
Danger situation? This isn't the USA. You don't ...
原帖由 Toppy 於 2009-2-7 20:12 發表
Whether getting into vancouver police is easy or not has nothing to do with their actual work and pay scale.
原帖由 Toppy 於 2009-2-8 23:46 發表
You should start a new thread.
I love discussion, nonetheless.
First of all, I dealt with white people in Hong Kong. Look at my avatar. I love British Hong Kong.
I also know many "so-called" whi ...
原帖由 BiscottiGelato 於 2009-2-9 10:21 發表
I am definately not a fan of Toppy, especially on his other posts concerning racial discriminations, etc.
Just being merely objective, tripixel is totally off topic in this case. This topic is dic ...
原帖由 tripixel 於 2009-2-9 00:35 發表
to Toppy, first, I have to tell you that there is nothing personal at all.
I don't understand you. You told us before that you came to Canada in the 90's and been here for a long time. You cannot to ...
原帖由 pepsis2 於 2009-2-9 09:35 發表
who's overpaid??? lots of ppl think their boss (or supervisors ) are overpaid too!!
gum so what???
i do think the CEO & executives of those useless inverstment groups & banks in USA should go to hel ...
原帖由 BiscottiGelato 於 2009-2-9 20:50 發表
The thing is, this is OUR government, this is OUR police force, which i pay hell of a lot of tax to feed the politician's trap and to the police to buy their little taser toys. That's why i have the ...

原帖由 B仔 於 2009-2-11 08:43 發表
我地唔係唔知,我地唔係冇UP過。我地UP完嘆氣話一句:咁可以點,好明顯係無奈,同你話我地咩 "staying ignorant, remain silent" 係9唔搭8。
你又有咩高見可以早D咩嚟減個D廢柴CEO薪水呢?落DT去私人公司度發爛渣投訴? ...
原帖由 B仔 於 2009-2-11 22:31 發表
Well, if you complain, vented, and there's nothing you can really do to take out useless CEOs in private sector....that pretty much = useless. You vent too, you have your point, everyone had a good po ...
原帖由 BiscottiGelato 於 2009-2-12 14:08 發表
If you think a certain company's CEO is useless, which would imply that the company is badly governed impacting profit and bottom line, just don't invest in it. I think that's a very strong action. Or if you think the CEO is useless and wasting money, cutting into the bottom line of a company you already invested, pull ur investment. Otherwise, why do I really care whether another company have a useless CEO? I never talked about CEOs anyways, I am talking about the very government that is impacting your daily life, and that you've paid 10s of Ks, if not 100s of Ks every year to.
原帖由 BiscottiGelato 於 2009-2-12 14:08 發表
Venting, or in much more accurate and better terms, acknowledgement and spreading awareness, is not useless. Encouraging other to shut up about issues, by telling people that acknowledgement and spreading awareness is 'useless', is not only as simple as 'suffering in silence', but to promote the act of 'suffering in silence'.
原帖由 BiscottiGelato 於 2009-2-12 14:08 發表
There's no point to further discuss if you don't even agree that acknowledging issues and promoting awareness is a vital start in address any issues. I think this is especially vital when a lot of people don't even view this (Canadian authorities' compensation and efficiency) as an issue, as can be seen by a lot of LYKs that were defending the compensation level and effectiveness of the Canadian police force in this very post.
原帖由 BiscottiGelato 於 2009-2-12 14:08 發表
Our tax money is being spent very foolishly on our ineffective government, especially when compared to other places in the world, that there's still much room for improvement that we as tax-payer should demand. Moreover, there's still much room for improvement on how much we as tax-payer have been demanding in getting more efficiency on the return on our tax-money. I don't need half my bonus to go to buying tasers which are going to be used on innocent victims anymore, doesn't this alone justify the cause (of spreading awareness, etc)?
原帖由 B仔 於 2009-2-12 13:59 發表
人地拿一拿CEO例子,冇咩問題。我冇INVEST。就算知到好多高層係廢柴咁又點?個個都知FC廢,有幾多個會真係UNSUBSCRIBE?同樣,你覺得政府廢,你炒佢咩。唔係翹埋隻手乜都唔做。熱血青年係好,但係社會就係有LEVEL。
同你講左好 ...
As objective as you stated before, this post is actually about nurses vs police salary and whether or not it's worth their monetary value. And also, where can you find a happy tax payer? nobody's happy about paying anything unless it's going into their own pockets you know. & how can you summarize that people paying CEO's are happy?
so, you can save your apples & oranges for your snack today.
so it is not justified to say that "you pay tax $ to get innocent people tasered & beatened". & of course, it's not fair to compare salary of RCMP to HK police because they are in 2 different countries & countries operate differently. Its just like saying we have better medical benefits compared to down in the States...am I not correct?| 歡迎光臨 溫哥華老友記討論區 (http://loyaukee.com/forum/) | Powered by Discuz! 7.2 |