返回列表 發帖

Made in China Processed Food

Alert!
My fd just moved out of town & she left me whole bunch of can soups & dried food (unopen).
Then there's a pack of dried seaweed ("zi choi") made in china. I was thinking: maybe it's not that bad... it's imported by an American company & the packaging looks pretty promising. so I gave it a try but I first put it in warm water to see whether there's something fishy about it...

it looked ok first. Then when my honey put it into the hot soup boiling it for 1 minute. The "miracle" happened!!! There'r 'HI-LIGHTER GREENISH' bubbles coming out the seaweed & OMG it looked like the HULK! I'm so glad I found it out before my family took it since my honey is abit "color-blind" he can't really notice those horrible bubbles in that disgusting color!

I'm not saying all processed food made in China are like that. Just want to remind all of u to be extra cautious when u'r dealing with those MIC things..

seaweed = 紫菜.. the one we use to make those 紫菜 soup le!

Instead of the one from China, I suggest go for the seaweed harvested from Victoria (Vancouver island). They taste really great & organic but u need to "soak" them in water & rinse many times to get rid of the sands. They are not treated with any chemicals / processed in anyway. Just those "chinatown" grannies trying to make extra bulks so they harvest them (lots of them in Vancouver Island) & hang them to dry.

I used to buy those from Chinatown in Victoria (some Vancouver chinatown store has it too) with extremely simple package & no brand name on it, but u gotta make sure they're from Victoria (u can ask the store). They're selling it like $2 to 3 per pack (already very big u can make lots of soup from 1 pack). Oh I miss those seaweeds alot!

TOP

oh i hope the "hulk" bubbles are only the food coloring substances, but the color is just waaaaaaaaaaay to weird compared to the one I used to see in seawee. For safety reason (since I'm pregnant), we decided to garbage it. Well, I dont' think it worths the risk to have it, & personally I never know why they need to add those color thingy in seaweed since it only makes it look poisonous enough for the entire family....


hehe.. maybe someone is brave enough to have them, & still be OK & alive to prove us it's safe!

TOP

返回列表