返回列表 發帖
6# 布小熊

Yes or no,  Catholics , Protestants, Anglicans, Judism and even Mormons  all consider themselves Christians
somewhereintime 發表於 2009-12-1 09:51


According to my co-workers, they call themselves Christians if they are 基督徒. If they are Catholic, they call themselves Catholic. For the others, I think they call themselves Christians as well. Not sure.

BTW, I'm a Christian and I go to church as well

TOP

In theory, as long as you believe Jesus is the Saviour, and he died for us on the cross, you are considered as Christian.

However, going to Church is one of the responsibility as a Christian. Christians are the limb and Church is the body. So limb and body should always stay together. Church is a holy place for Christians to worship God.

Also, you can learn how to interact with different types of people, learning how to be brothers and sisters even though they are totally different or opposite than you. In normal circumstances, you choose your friends or people whom you want to be with. You hang out with people that are similar to you. In church, you have to learn how to accept people's differences and learn how to be brothers and sisters. So that's another reason to go to Church.

Another reason is, you need more knowledge of Bible to confirm what you believe. The best way is to go to church for sermons and bible study.

hope I answered your question.

TOP

I went to Christian School and was forced to learn Bible like many of you. Many people talked to me about God but I never listen. Sometimes I argued with them like LittlePrince used to do.

Sometimes, when I was not happy or desparately need/want something, I would pray to God, telling Him that if You gave me this, I will go to church; if you gave me that, I would believe you. It was more like bargainning than praying. Somtimes I kept my promise and sometimes I didn't.

Few years ago, I went to the Choi Siu Fan's show. I went there only to see the Stars. When they pray and asked the believers to come to the front of the stage, I heard God's voice. He listed everything he did for me, and he told me to go to the front of the stage.

That's one of my experiences that God talked to me.

TOP

返回列表