返回列表 發帖
I think their staff are not knowledgeable about dogs
if you are to buy a dog from them, I would not recommend listening to most of the pet stores

TOP

nor do they feed good kibbles!
sko 發表於 2009-9-28 20:59

I seriously doubt they would

講開petshop,我真係印象好差
例如講我屋企第一隻sheltie,佢係我媽o係richmond center o個間度買
當時個店員 (係唐人o黎),叫我媽每餐比20粒狗糧佢 (同香港o的petshop既nonsense一模一樣),當時我地咩都唔識所以都傻下傻下聽佢講
第二日body check時個vet都話我地隻sheltie偏瘦,最好盡量比多o的o野佢食
個店員仲同我媽sell依樣sell o個樣,執藥咁執比我媽買,後來我地先發現原來個店員叫我媽買o既o野好多都係唔需要,而且比其他地方賣得貴好多
包狗糧又係啦,上網睇多o的資料,發現原來佢地sell o個隻糧差唔多係十大最差狗糧之一
真係比人搵笨
仲有就係,petshop好多狗o既質素其實都唔係咁好,因為好多都係from puppy mill (自己google下就知係咩o黎)
我地o係佢度買o既sheltie,其實係比其他sheltie o黎講唔係咁靚,毛又唔知點解特別少 (當然,我地都一樣咁錫佢啦)
所以我自己買第二隻sheltie時,已經將petshop依個option ban咗,自己搵breeder

TOP

本帖最後由 嘉嘉 於 2009-9-28 22:43 編輯

well the one at richmond center was feeding my dog Eukanuba, which was even worse than nutro
after some recommendation from our trainer, we switched to Wellness for him
and just recently, I even started putting my shelties onto a raw diet

yeah...same case here too
my first sheltie was already 4months when my mom bought him
(guess ours was a bit luckier than yours ^^)

and yes, petshop is WAY too overpriced
根本就係掠水
even puppies decented from champion parents would not cost that much
(and my second sheltie has champion grandparents and great great grandparents ga~)  <--- but of course nothing special la

TOP

they are doing pretty good with the raw
less stool too (and my girl is so crazy about it. Every time when I am preparing the meat, she is making those whiny noise lol)
I think the biggest advantage of feeding raw is that you know what your dog is actually eating, and I don't really worry about bateria and stuff because I have read some infomation about the pH of a dog's stomach tends to become more acidic when digesting meat in comparison to dry food. So pretty much all bateria are killed before they would have a chance to enter the rest of the digestive system

I don't really understand your question actually.....^_^;;;
but yes, it's uncooked meat and veggie
I usually buy the raw food from some raw pet food store
they have been mixed (with meat veggie bones liver heart), grinded, frozen, and packed
ready to be eaten when thawed
or sometimes if I don't have time to buy (cuz it's in kerrisdale, I don't always go there), I will buy some meat from supermarket, and cut them into smaller pieces
I would also buy some veggie (basically any kind except those that are toxic to dogs), then put them into a small blender and grind them into fine pieces (easier for dogs to digest)

yup! my sheltie was on wellness core too
and my girl was on orijen
I prefer grain-free diet too ^_^

TOP

another sign of puppymill puppy......
cuz the condition and sanitary in puppymill is so bad and it's no wonder that his parents would be sick and weak too

good to hear the doggie is doing good now!

TOP

返回列表