返回列表 發帖

[日本料理] Takifugu in Richmond

Anyone tried the new Japanese restaurant in Richmond called "Takifugu"? I have some friends went there. Some said the food was pretty good but $$$ while some said some of the menu items are priced pretty low.... I might give a try when I have chance this weekend...

From the address this is in the same mall as "Celsius Cafe". Do you know the business hour of this place?

TOP

回復 2# 布小熊


    They don't open for lunch i think.... not sure what time they start for dinner but I am guessing 5-6ish?

TOP

I took a quick look yesterday at their menu. Looks good. I think they are trying to target for high end sushi + cooked Japanese dishes.
It's at a very hidden corner at the same mall as Celsius Cafe.
I try it out some time in the near future.

TOP

Seems like iPanda just went there.
The Sashimi looks great, I want to try it.

http://www.ipanda.ca/2010/05/takifugu-japanese-dining/

TOP

went there a couple of weeks ago. its namesake, the takifugu, sits in a tank by the entrance. one of the things we tried was the assorted sashimi, which was very fresh. prices tended to be on the higher side but was in line with the quality of the food that was served. will definitely be back later to try their other offerings.

TOP

I saw their menu too which looks pretty good. The store has a very good atmosphere but seems like the price will be high if I want to come out with a full stomch

TOP

I try it today, is pretty good and not too pricey

TOP

本帖最後由 Prelude 於 2010-6-4 00:48 編輯

I just got back from takifugu.
This place is high end, and can be expensive.
Don't get fooled by the price on the menu.

The food on the menu is the usual $ for usual jap food.
The ones the chef verbally tells you is where the good stuff at and they can be very expensive.

Today, I ordered a Tuna Toro, the chef asked me whether I want the local or Air Import from Japan, then he told me the Japan import is $15 per slice.   The import looks soooooooo good, but I cheaped out and ordered the local, and tasted just like crappy local tuna.  Then I ordered the octopus, again the chef asked me Air import or ship import, I finally ordered the good stuff and didn't ask for the price.  It was very good for octopus, which I never liked because all the ones I tried was the low quality ones, but this air import octopus is good stuff.   It turned out around $4 a slice of octopus when we get the bill.  It's pricey, but it's good stuff, which I might not order next time due to being poor.
Btw, the service is awesome, probably due to it's new.  


Conclusion, if you want regular cheap jap stuff, they do have them and their price is a bit lower than average decent jap.  But if you want good stuff, it has tons of them and will charge you for them.

I spent $60/person today, cheaped out on many orders when asked Japan import or local/ship import.   If I went crazy and ordered everything Jap import, it could easily went over $150/person.
sunsiupak @ on.cc: Apple, 只要Show個Logo,屎都有人排隊買。

TOP

I would rather order air import from China. These are very good as the fish was from the same ocean, just caught by the Chinese fisherman.

TOP

返回列表