返回列表 發帖
For some reason I've also heard that this "Paul" guy had actually ruined the cables and everything themselves to blame it on Raymond~
I know it reli doesn't make sense to ruin ur own business that w ...
Sakura 發表於 2009-4-28 12:38

If I remember correctly, I think the news said the cable fixed in one or two weeks, so the night market could still open at the same date.  If so, why do you do that yourself? Why do you want to pay someone to cut it, and then pay someone to fix it? Just because you want to blame someone indirectly?

TOP

Prior to the summer of 2008, however, Raymond was unable to secure a lease renewal with landlord Ko Chong, and was forced to look elsewhere for a location for his summer market. Raymond told the Post he is still actively looking for a new site, and is currently in negotiations with two Richmond landlords.

Nevertheless, that same summer in 2008, Paul Cheung – who attended Eric Hamber Secondary School in Vancouver with Stephen Chong – was able to strike a deal with his former classmate’s father, and secured a lease on the open industrial property at 12631 Vulcan Way through his company Lions Communications Inc.

Paul told the Post he simply saw a business opportunity and seized it.

Stephen Chong 係 Ko Chong 個仔?
如果係o甘﹐會唔會係Ko Chong 見到夜巿有錢賺所以諗計踢走Raymond益自己友?

TOP

Paul deserved for the lawsuit from Raymond, he knows that from day 1.
Never try to teach a pig to sing; It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Heinlein

TOP

what about the food?
i think the food 2 years ago are still ok
chunsh 發表於 2009-4-28 12:32


The problem there is the since 2 years ago, the price raise dramatically and most of food stall sold the same kind of food, curry fish ball, bubble tea, ... I had been there many times prior to 2 years ago and the choices were getting less and less.
http://stay.snowinparadise.com

TOP

If I remember correctly, I think the news said the cable fixed in one or two weeks, so the night market could still open at the same date.  If so, why do you do that yourself? Why do you want to pay  ...
LOK 發表於 2009/4/28 11:53 AM


That's y I said, I know it reli doesn't make a whole lot of sense to bash ur own business and pay it urself to fix it up~
But u never know wut rich ppl will do~
If they have the spare $$, and he knows he'll get a lawsuit from Raymond..
And if he hates Raymond's guts...y not??

I m not saying that that's the case, but I just heard it from rumour~
"Forgive, and you will be forgiven." (Luke 6:37)

TOP

That's y I said, I know it reli doesn't make a whole lot of sense to bash ur own business and pay it urself to fix it up~
But u never know wut rich ppl will do~
If they have the spare $$, and he kno ...
Sakura 發表於 2009-4-28 15:46

You must watch too many TVB dramas.

TOP

I just don't see how this Raymond fella would have much of a case at all. First of all, he was using some super generic names to begin with. Secondly, even his own side admitted to not trademarking these super generic name initially. Based on these 2 facts alone, what grounds does he have to sue?

If Raymond can prove that Paul has stolen or otherwise directly copied his vendor application forms, venue site map, and website photographs, he might win some small consolation prize for these things. Then again, it doesn't seem all that hard for Paul to counter the allegations. After all, I don't see how you can claim intellectual property rights on sales booth arrangement when all it amounted to was a few straight aisles running down the venue. And Paul would have to be pretty stupid to totally plagiarize Raymond's stuff for his own use. (Certainly, Paul must have learned the rules of plagiarism when he was in college / university?)

There is no doubt that the Richmond night market has been a most successful summer event for everyone in the city. To have Raymond putting a court injunction on it to prevent it from being hosted this year seems like he is purely doing this out of selfishness and a bad case of sour grades, and that leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

-Lik

TOP

went there almost every year, but never able to buy anything..

TOP

i am not a lawyer but i have some experience in intellectual property.....this Raymond guy would probably have a stronger case if he protected his intellectual property properly at first (ie. register copyrights, trademarks). this case looks so much like a case of finding something to sue for in order to threaten the other party to compromise. i think he filed this sometime last year(it takes on average 24 months to get a court date for the federal courts).

i think it will be quite hard for him to claim that there was "passing off". it was quite clear to reasonable people that it was not the same night market(it was mentioned in numerous news articles and it was never represented to be the same event). Raymond's lawyer of course will say there is a case, otherwise he would have immediately asked the court for an "Interlocutory Injunction" (injunction before the trial) right away la. But of course, if he did ask for the Interlocutory Injunction and lost the case, he will have to pay the loss to the victim.
The fact of not asking for an injunction in the first place shows this is merely a threat, no basis at all.

TOP

You must watch too many TVB dramas.
LOK 發表於 2009/4/28 02:53 PM


I know....lol~
Watched too much 珠光寶氣~
"Forgive, and you will be forgiven." (Luke 6:37)

TOP

返回列表