返回列表 發帖

[其他飲食] Malaysian Restaurant in GVA



  • Banana Leaf
    One of few restaurants in Vancouver my cook's Malaysian Chinese friend like and he is very picky about eating.  Its sambal sauce is very good.  I forgot what we ate but it was tasty.

  • Tropika
    The food was just getting more and more expensive.  This was like Western Chinese food.  The taste was definitely not authenticated.

  • Jonker Street Malaysian Cuisine Restaurant
    Went there one year ago to try the "Prawn Soup Noodles" or the "Penang Hokkien Mee".  You cannot find many restaurants that sell this.  Most Hokkien Mee here is fried.  The taste was acceptable but not authenticated enough.  The ingredients inside are not enough for its price.  I did not go back since so I cannot comment on its other food.

  • Tamarind Hill Malaysian Cuisine‎
    Do not quite remember what we had neither.  We only went there once and never went back again.

  • Yummy Malaysian Delight
    My own restaurant in Richmond Public Market.  The cook's food was definitely authenticated.  He even ported some ingredients from Malaysia.  The most unique dish would be Aysam Laksa.  He even can cook tailed to your taste.  His taste used to be very good but lately it's getting a little too salty sometimes.  He always cook big portion too.  We have the best sambal (Malaysian Hot Sauce) in Metro Vancouver.   Rumor says he might be opening another restaurant somewhere else so I am looking forward to it.

http://stay.snowinparadise.com

eating in tropika is like eating in a hong kong style cafe
I miss you...

TOP

Tropika is baaaaad food, expensive and bad food.....

I am always looking for Malaysian dessert, like those green "sticky rice cake" dessert, the ones that look like "Lor Mai Gai" but it's a little sweet, the brown color balls with brown sauce things inside....   I miss them so much....

Do you know where I can get those?

TOP

green dessert? are those pandan leave dessert? I love them.

TOP

本帖最後由 peter236 於 2009-10-8 14:48 編輯

Where can you find the best beef randang, curry ayam, 馬拉千層糕?

TOP

Banana Leaf
Went there a few times yrs ago. My friends worked there. I found their taste isn't bad but I haven't tried everything in the menu.

Tropika
The food was just getting more and more expensive.  This was like Western Chinese food.  The taste was definitely not authenticated. ((( agree ))) Service isn't great either!


Jonker Street Malaysian Cuisine Restaurant - never been

Tamarind Hill Malaysian Cuisine‎
I think they closed down. Went there about 3 yrs ago. The cook was from Banana Leaf
Discover your Talent
檸 . 易創作社
[email protected]

TOP

I remembered I saw one in hen long market in Surrey.  I do not really remember.

http://www.henlongmarket.com/index.html
http://stay.snowinparadise.com

TOP

I went to tropika last week for lunch..

we had ordered pineapple fried rice.. it's kind of rip off.. no pineapple meat inside with few sliced of chicken meat.. with half portion of rice as before, but can't us the same price as dinner time..

here's the picture.. they didn't dig half of the shell to put rice one it..



services sucks..too.. always give us wrong order..

it's not peck too.. including us just only 4 tables at lunch time.. with 3 waiters.. they just stand around there

we also another dishes.. not cheap..

TOP

myversa! is ur store opened again yet?!?!?!?
"Out-Out Brief Candle, Life is but a walking shadow"
- William Shakespeare

TOP

no... the cook is looking for a place to stay because he just immigrated his family here.
http://stay.snowinparadise.com

TOP

返回列表