返回列表 發帖

All the goodies are in Vancouver!!

You are are so lucky to live in Van ...  


WHY WHY WHY !
Um ..  this is my STUPID story ..

Back to last week, I was chatting with my buddy in Vancouver, and he told me just $39 to get 4G CF card from london drug ..  and he bought one, and just took him just 7 mins! From his office,walk to LD, take the CF car, pay, and walk back to office! SIMPLE!  He told me that there are TONS of them, just sitting around, and no line up ...  (I couldn't believe NO line up in LD .. never happened here!)

So, I went to LD as well, (Calgary here) I couldn't find any CF card sitting around, so I asked the staff, and he told me I hv to get them from the Camera department ..  I went there, and waited .. waited .. waited..   for app. 35 min (tons of C9 were buying DSLR) finally .. the staff was available (yes, only ONE staff.. even on boxing week sale)  and he told me it was sold out, and asked to come again the next day for new shipment ...

Result --> I spent $90 on chocolate ...  and got nothing ...  and took me 90min in total ..   ( in the mean time, my friend in Van, he went to LD 3 times already, and got that 4G CF card every time! tons in stock!!! and they are just sitting around .. )

Next day  ..  I went there again ..  wait .. wait .. wait .. ask the same guy .. and SOLD OUT again .. and asked to come next time ..  and I ended up bought a leather brench ...  

Then third time !! I went there again ..  at least, no long waiting this time ..  but .. SOLD OUT again .. and I ended up bought an AMP for $6xx .. (but I think I am going to return it ..)    

My friend asked me if I need him to buy one for me... but I can't believe I couldn't get one here! and in the mean time, he went LD again, and STILL tons of CF card in stock!!!

  Then today ..  I went to another LD ...  waited for 35 min (some C9 are buying camera, and one C9 is doign refund, and again, ONE staff ONLY)

Result ? SAME ! SOLD OUT! and I bought a stupid coreless phone ...  and lots of chips ..  


Sigh ..  long story short .. with the last 5 days .. I went LD for 4 (or 5) times ..  spent over $1,000 .. and still..  couldn't get a stupid on sale CF card!!!!

Damn .. you guys should be happy to live in Vancouver!!!!

(Or you guys dont use CF  card in Vancouver ??)

[ 本帖最後由 Catpiano 於 2008-1-1 17:38 編輯 ]

仲等乜呀?搬嚟温哥華啦!

長安居大不易!你睇我好;我睇你好啫。呢喥樣樣嘢都貴。
人生易老天難老,
歲歲重陽。
今又重陽,
戰地黄花分外香。

TOP

hahahahahah yeah~~ my bf bought the 4GB CF too @ LD~ lol !
its surprisingly cheap!! even costco was selling it @ $69 !!

and yes! MOVE BACK TO VANCOUVER! haha.....
"Out-Out Brief Candle, Life is but a walking shadow"
- William Shakespeare

TOP

Sigh ..  soon ga la..  and everything in Vancouver . .seems cheaper then Calgary too ..  

Price is one thing .. but .. service in here ..   sigh .. not even close to Van la..   

But I have a wife ar mah .. can't move .. can't move ..  

TOP

Come on...next door's grass is always greener...

Calgary is good too la...higher salary, cheaper houses, ***less tax***, even going to US don't need to pay state tax, good beef, close to rockies & tourist attractions, not much rain...

so can't compare la...trade offs...lol

oh and Canon service center!!!

TOP

Hey, 39 bucks for 4g CF so cheap!  How come your friend didn't ask me if I want one gei?

TOP

I think my friend did tell u tim ..  lol ...   even cheaper then BH !  lol

TOP

返回列表